Joel Merlin

Sr. Director, Leaning & Development
Hi All, I’m a Media guy that found his way to adult learning, and the passion and impact that comes with this universe. I now spend my days thinking about ways to drive sales excellence in media organizations. Oh, and I love bourbon. 😎🥃

Sr. Director, Learning & Development | Hearst Newspaper Group

Hello... is this thing on? 🎤 

My name is Joel. People call me Joel. I respond to the name Joel. And I'm here to learn from all you great people!

Seriously, I'm here to learn, collaborate, share ideas, network, and C.A.S.E.

Hi All, I’m a Media guy that found his way to L&D and the passion and impact that comes with this universe. I now spend my days thinking about ways to drive sales and leadership excellence in media organizations.

I'm also recently a Texan by way of Kentucky. You know, the bluegrass state and home of the best college basketball program in the country: The Kentucky Wildcats. Oh, and I love bourbon. 

OK, I know, I know...

I fell in love with L&D a long time ago when I went through so many crappy corporate learning experiences that I just had to do something about it. Come on: you know of what I speak of.

Actually, I was recruited from being a Director in Sales to a Training Manager and boom... my life changed. Then I discovered instructional design and e-learning and then bam... the world changed.

I'm here to push the envelope and help to bring a gold standard to our efforts and the great people we support within the team I'm proud to be a part of, and sometimes, get to lead.

Learning new things is a cool deal, you know?

Plus: I don't know a single successful person who doesn't continuously practice their craft. Not a one.

Looking to learn from all of you! Thanks for having me.

#TrainThePlanet
Like Comment